Monday 6 February 2012

Digital Technology Turns Media Consumers into Media Producers.

"The making of the new and the rearranging of the old" - Bentley

"Digital techonlogy turns media consumers into media producers"
In your own experience how has your creativity developed using digital technology to complete your coursework productions?


To some extent digital technology goes turn media consumers into media producers because it enable us to consume current media products for example watching music videos on YouTube which spurs creativity and further develops ideas for production turning us into media producers.

In my A2 coursework I have used digital technology as a consumer and a producer because I have used the internet; band websites, YouTube and Google, to take in information about the pop rock band genre that my products were based on. From what I found and learnt I took ideas forward and turned them into a product (music video, digipak and poster) Through Abode Photoshop and Premiere Elements I was able to develop my creativity and turn it from an idea into a reality. This allowed me to experiment with ideas and from the experience I gained though research & planning I was able to judge how effective and successful the outcome was. This allowed me to produce a more creative product. For example when producing my digipak and poster I developed the designs and layout based on aspects of current products. During my research and planning I was inspired by Parachute's album artwork for Losing Sleep I then tried to produce a similar layering style for my own digipak using photography of city and country. I used digital technology to develop this in Photoshop however it was not as successful as the original. I then developed my ideas further by taking certain aspects ideas from different sources that I had found during research & planning and combining them.

No comments:

Post a Comment